Prof. D.Y.C. Leung
BSc (Eng); PhD (HK); RPE; CEng; FEI; FIMechE; FHKIE
Energy conversion and conservation; renewable energy; electrochemical energy; fuels; air pollution control; wind engineering; air dispersion modelling; vehicular emission control; combustion engineering;
Recent journal/book publications (2011-2023):
Fuel Cell and electrochemistry:
1. Siyuan Zhao, Tong Liu, Yayu Zuo, Manhui Wei, Jian Wang, Zongping Shao, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Tianshou Zhao, Meng Ni. “High-Power-Density and High-Energy-Efficiency Zinc-Air Flow Battery System for Long-Duration Energy Storage“, Chemical Engineering Journal 470, 15 August 2023, 144091
2. Yifei Wang, Wending Pan, Kee Wah Leong, Xinhai Xu, Guangzhong Dong, Xinguo Ye, Mingming Zhang*, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “ Screen-printed water-in-salt Al ion battery for wearable electronics“ Journal of Energy Storage 63, July 2023, 106983.
3. Shijing Luo; Y.F. Wang; Wending Pan; Xiaolong Zhao; Sarah K.W. Leong; Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “A Breakthrough in the Performance and Fuel Utilization of Methanol Microfluidic Fuel Cell via Viscous Co-flow Electrolyte“, Energy Conversion & Management 290 August (2023) 117201.
4. Yi X., Liu X., Qin B., Zhao X., Leong K.W., Pan W., Jiang K., Ma S., Hao Z., Leung D.Y.C., Wen Z. “ High-energy composite cathode for solid-state lithium-oxygen battery boosted by ultrafine carbon nanotube catalysts and amorphous lithium peroxide" Materials Today Chemistry 29, 2023 https://www.scopus.com/inward/record.uri?partnerID=HzOxMe3b&scp=85149169505&origin=inward
5. Kee Wah Leong, Wending Pan,* Yifei Wang, Shijing Luo, Xiaolong Zhao, and Dennis Y. C. Leung*. “Reversibility of a High-Voltage, Cl‑Regulated, Aqueous Mg Metal Battery Enabled by a Water-in-Salt Electrolyte“ ACS Energy Lett. 2022 8, 2657-2666.
6. Yifei Wang, Wending Pan, Shijing Luo, Xiaolong Zhao, Holly Y.H. Kwok, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Integrating micro metal-air batteries in lateral flow test for point-of-care applications” Int. J. Energy Research 46:137–146, 2020. https://doi.org/10.1002/er.5953.
7. Xiaoping Yi, Xunliang Liu*, Wending Pan, Bin Qin, Juan Fang, Kai Jiang, Shengan Deng, Yuan Meng, Dennis Y.C. Leung* and Zhi Wen. “Evolution of Discharge Products on Carbon Nanotube Cathodes in Li−O2 Batteries Unraveled by Molecular Dynamics and Density Functional Theory“ ACS Catalysis 2022 12 (9), 5048-5059 DOI: 10.1021/acscatal.2c00409
8. Shijing Luo, Wending Pan, Y.F. Wang*, Xiaolong Zhao, K.W. Leong, D.Y.C. Leung*, “High-performance H2O2 paper fuel cell boosted via electrolyte toning and radical generation“ Applied Energy 323 (Oct. 2022), 119610.
9. Yan Zhao, Mengzheng Ouyang, Yuetao Wang, Runzhi Qin, Hao Zhang, Wending Pan,
Dennis Y. C. Leung, Billy Wu, Xinhua Liu, Nigel P. Brandon, Jin Xuan,* Feng Pan,*
Huizhi Wang* "Biomimetic Lipid-bilayer Anode Protection for Long Lifetime Aqueous Zinc-metal Batteries" Advanced Functional Materials 2022 https://doi.org/10.1002/adfm.202203019
10. Y.F. Wang*, Wending Pan, Shijing Luo, Xiaolong, Zhao, Holly Y.H. Kwok, Xinhai Xu, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “High-performance solid-state metal-air batteries with an innovative dual-gel electrolyte“ Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 2022, 15024-15034. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijhydene.2022.03.011
11. Leong, K.W., Wang, Y., Ni, M., Pan, W., Luo, S., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “ Rechargeable Zn-air batteries: Recent trends and future perspectives“ Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 2022, 154, 111771
12. Yifei Wang*, Wending Pan, Kee Wah Leong, Yingguang Zhang, Xiaolong Zhao, Shijing Luo, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Paper-based aqueous Al ion battery with water-in-salt electrolyte“ Green Energy & Environment 2021.
13. Yifei Wang*, Xiaolong Zhao, Wending Pan, Kee Wah Leong, Shijing Luo, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “A printed paper-based Zn-air/Ag hybrid battery with switchable working modes“ Electrochimica Acta 2021, 396,139237.
14. Wending Pan, Yan Zhao, Jianjun Mao, Yifei Wang, Xiaolong Zhao, Kee Wah Leong, Shijing Luo, Xinhua Liu*, Huizhi Wang, Jin Xuan, Shichun Yang, Yue Chen, D.Y.C Leung*. “High-Energy SWCNT Cathode for Aqueous Al-ion Battery Boosted by Multi-ion Intercalation Chemistry“ Advanced Energy Materials. 2021, 11(39) (https://doi.org/10.1002/aenm.202101514)
15. Wending Pan, C. Liu, Mingyue Wang, Xiaoyu Yan, Shichun Yang, Xinhua Liu, Yifei Wang, D.Y.C Leung*. “ Non-aqueous Al-ion batteries: cathode materials and corresponding underlying ion storage mechanisms: Rare Metals 2022, 41(3), 762-774.
16. Wending Pan, Jianjun Mao, Yifei Wang, Xiaolong Zhao, Kee Wah Leong, Shijing Luo, Yue Chen, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “High-performance MnO2/Al battery with in-situ electrochemically reformed AlxMnO2 nanosphere cathode” Small Methods 2021, 5(9), (DOI: 10.1002/smtd.202100491).
17. Kee Wah Leong, Yifei Wang*, Wending Pan, Shijing Luo, Xiaolong Zhao, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Doubling the power output of a Mg-air battery with an acid-salt dual-electrolyte configuration” J Power Sources 2021, 506, 230144.
18. Wang, Y.F., Pan, W.D., Leong, Sarah, Luo, S.J., Zhao, X.L., Leung, Dennis Y.C.* “Solid-state Al-air battery with an ethanol gel electrolyte” Green Energy & Environment 2021. 10.1016/j.gee.2021.05.011
19. Wending Pan, Yifei Wang*, Holly Y.H. Kwok, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Aluminum-air battery with cotton substrate: Controlling the discharge capacity by electrolyte pre-deposition” Green Energy & Environment 2021. 10.1016/j.gee.2021.05.003
20. Zhiqiang Niu, Valerie Pinfield, Billy Wu, Huizhi Wang, Kui Jiao, Dennis Y. C. Leung*, Jin Xuan*. “Towards the Digitalisation of Porous Energy Materials: Evolution of Digital Approaches for Microstructural Design” Energy and Environmental Science (DOI: 10.1039/d1ee00398d) 042021.14 (5) 2549-2576 (May 2021).
21. Wang, Y.F., Luo, S.J., Y.H. Kwok, Pan, Wending, Zhang, Y.G., Zhao, X.L., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Microfluidic fuel cells with different types of fuels: a prospective review” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 141 (May 2021), 110806.
22. Shijing Luo, Yifei Wang, T.C. Kong, Wending Pan, Xiaolong Zhao, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “Flexible direct formate paper fuel cells with high performance and great durability” 490 (April 2021) JPS 229526.
23. Wending Pan, Yifei Wang, Xiaolong Zhao, Yan Zhao, Xinhua Liu, Jin Xuan, Huizhi Wang, D.Y.C Leung*, “High-performance aqueous Na-Zn hybrid ion battery boosted by “water-in-gel” electrolyte” Advanced Functional Materials 31 (15) (April 2021 2008783). DOI:10.1002/ADFM.2008783
24. Wang, Y.F., Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Powering future body sensor network systems: A review of power sources” Biosensors and Bioelectronics Volume 166, 15 October 2020, 112410, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bios.2020.112410.
25. Holly Y.H. Kwok, Yifei Wang, Y. Zhang, H. Zhang, F. Li, Wending Pan, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Boosting cell performance and fuel utilization efficiency in a solar assisted methanol microfluidic fuel cell International Journal of Hydrogen Energy” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 45, 21796-21807, 2020.
26. Yifei Wang*, Holly Y.H. Kwok, Wending Pan, Yingguang Zhang, Huimin Zhang, Xu Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Printing Al-air batteries on paper for powering disposable printed electronics” J Power Sources 450, 29 February 2020, 227685, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.227685.
27. Yifei Wang, Wending Pan, Holly Kwok, Huimin Zhang, Xu Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Liquid-free Al-air batteries with paper-based gel electrolyte: A green energy technology for portable electronics” J Power Sources 437 Oct. 2019. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour. 2019.226896
28. Yifei Wang, Holly Kwok, Wending Pan, Yingguang Zhang, Huimin Zhang, Xu Lu and Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Combining Al-air battery with paper-making industry, a novel type of flexible primary battery” Electrochimica Acta 319 (2019) 947-957.
29. Wending Pan, Yifei Wang, Yingguang Zhang, Holly Yu Ho Kwok, Muyan Wu, Xiaolong Zhao, Dennis Y.C Leung*, “A low-cost and dendrite-free rechargeable aluminium-ion battery with superior performance“ J. Materials Chemistry A 2019, 7, 17420 – 17425 .
30. Yifei Wang, Holly Kwok, Wending Pan, Huimin Zhang, Xu Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Parametric study and optimization of a low-cost paper-based Al-air battery with corrosion inhibition ability” Applied Energy 251, 1 October 2019, 113342.
31. Yifei Wang, Holly Kwok, Yingguang Zhang, Wending Pan, Huimin Zhang, Xu Lu and Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “A flexible hydrogen paper-based fuel cell with embedded aluminium as fuel source for small power applications” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 44 (2019) 29680-29691.
32. Y.F. Wang, Holly Kwok, Wending Pan, Huimin Zhang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Innovative paper-based Al-air batteries as a low-cost and green energy technology for the miniwatt market” J Power Sources 414, 278–282, Feb 2019.
33. Pan, W., Wang, Y., Kwok, H.Y. and Leung, D.Y.C.* “A low-cost portable cotton-based aluminum-air battery with high specific energy.” Energy Procedia, 158, 179-185, Feb. 2019.
34. Yifei Wang, Wending Pan, Holly Kwok, Xu Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Low-cost Al-air batteries with paper-based solid electrolyte” Energy Procedia, Volume 158, February 2019, 522-527.
35. Y.H. Kwok, Y. Wang, M Wu, F. Li, Y. Zhang, H. Zhang, D.Y.C. Leung*. “A dual fuel microfluidic fuel cell utilizing solar energy and methanol” Journal of Power Sources 409, 58-65, Jan. 2019.
36. Hui Min Zhang, Yi Fei Wang, Yu Ho Kwok, Zu Cheng Wu, De Hua Xia, Dennis Y. C. Leung “A Direct Ammonia Microfluidic Fuel Cell using NiCu Nanoparticles Supported on Carbon Nanotubes as an Electrocatalyst” Chemsuschem 11(17), 2889-2897, July 2018.
37. Xu, Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Huizhi Wang, Jin Xuan. “Microfluidics-based pH-differential reactor for CO2 utilization:A mathematical study” Applied Energy 227, 525-532, Oct. 2018.
38. Xu Lu, Yifei Wang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Jin Xuan, Huizhi Wang. “A Counter-Flow-Based Dual-Electrolyte Protocol for Multiple Electrochemical Applications” Applied Energy 217 (2018) 241-248.
39. Y.H. Kwok, Y.F. Wang, Alpha C.H. Tsang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Graphene-carbon nanotube composite aerogel with Ru@Pt nanoparticle as a porous electrode for direct methanol microfluidic fuel cell” Applied Energy 217 (2018) 258-265.
40. Yifei Wang*, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Hao Zhang, Jin Xuan, Huizhi Wang “Numerical investigation and optimization of vapor-feed microfluidic fuel cells with high fuel utilization” Electrochimica Acta 261 (2018) 127-136.
41. Tsang, A.C.H., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Use of Pd-Pt loaded graphene aerogel on nickel foam composite in direct ethanol fuel cell” Solid State Sciences 75, 21-26, 2018.
42. Lu, Xu, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Yifei Wang, Huizhi Wang, Jin Xuan. “An Up-scaling Strategy for Counter-flow Based Microfluidic Network: A Numerical Study” Energy Procedia 142, Dec. 2017, 661-666.
43. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Hu, S.Y. “Durability and stability of vapor-feed microfluidic fuel cells, a preliminary study” Energy Procedia 142, Dec. 2017, 1340-1345.
44. Zhang, Hao; Xuan, Jin; Leung, Dennis Y.C. “Wang, Huizhi; Xu, Hong; Zhang, Li. "Advanced gas-emission anode design for microfluidic fuel cell eliminating bubble accumulation" Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 27 (2017) 105016 (6pp).
45. Huimin Zhang, Yifei Wang, Zucheng Wu, Dennis Y.C. Leung, “A direct urea microfluidic fuel cell with flow-through Ni-supported-carbon- nanotube-coated sponge as porous electrode” J Power Sources 363, 30 September 2017, 61–69.
46. Yifei Wang*, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Hao Zhang, Jin Xuan, Huizhi Wang. "Numerical and experimental comparative study of microfluidic fuel cells with different flow configurations: Co-flow vs. Counter-flow cell" Applied Energy 203, 1 October 2017, 535–548.
47. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “A review on unitized regenerative fuel cell technologies, part B: unitized regenerative alkaline fuel cell, solid oxide fuel cell, and microfluidic fuel cell” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 75, 775-795 Aug. 2017.
48. Y.H. Kwok, Alpha C.H. Tsang, Yifei Wang, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Ultra-fine Pt nanoparticles on graphene aerogel as a porous electrode with high stability for microfluidic methanol fuel cell” Journal of Power Sources 349, 75-83, May 2017.
49. Ojeda, Manuel, Chen, Binbin, Leung, D.Y.C., Xuan, J., Wang, Huizhi, “A hydrogel template synthesis of TiO2 nanoparticles for aluminium-ion batteries” Energy Procedia 105, 3997 – 4002, 2017.
50. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “A high performance dual electrolyte microfluidic reactor for the utilization of CO2” Applied Energy 194, 549-559, 2017 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2016.05.091.
51. Xu Lu, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Huizhi Wang, Jin Xuan. “Numerical Modelling of a Dual Electrolyte Membraneless Electrolytic Cell for CO2 to Fuel Conversion” Energy Procedia 105, May 2017, 4053-4058.
52. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “Optimization of Cathode Flooding in Scaled-up Microfluidic Fuel Cells” Energy Procedia 105, May 2017, 1454–1460.
53. Tsang, A.C.H., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Pd-Pt loaded graphene aerogel on nickel foam composite as binder-free anode for a direct glucose fuel cell unit” Solid State Sciences 71, 123-129, 2017.
54. Tsang, A.C.H., Kwok, H.Y.H., Leung, D.Y.C.* “The use of graphene based materials for fuel cell, photovoltaics, and supercapacitor electrode materials”. Solid State Sciences 67, A1-A14, 2017.
55. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “Characterization of a Microfluidic Reactor for CO2 Conversion with Electrolyte Recycling” Renewable Energy 102, Part A, March 2017, 15–20.
56. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z. “A mixed-pH dual-electrolyte microfluidic aluminium-air cell with high performance” Applied Energy 185, 1303-1308, 2017. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.10.029.
57. Chen, B.B., Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Microfluidic Aluminum-air Cell with Methanol-based Anolyte” Energy Procedia 105, 4691-4697, 2017.
58. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.* “A high-performance aluminum-feed microfluidic fuel cell stack” Journal of Power Sources 336, 427-436, 2016.
59. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Toward the scaling up of microfluidic fuel cells, investigation and optimization of the aggravated cathode flooding problem” Electrochimica Acta 222, 312-322, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.electacta.2016. 10.175
60. Chen, Binbin, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z. “A high specific capacity membraneless aluminum-air cell operated with an inorganic/organic hybrid electrolyte” J. Power Sources 336, 30 December 2016, 19–26.
61. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Maroto-Valer, M.M., Xuan, J. “A pH-differential Dual-Electrolyte Microfluidic Electrochemical Cells for CO2 Utilization” Renewable Energy 95, 277-285, 2016.
62. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “Scaling Up Microfluidic Aluminum-Air Cell with Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) Assisted Performance Analysis” J. Electrochem. Soc. 2016 163(9): F1032-F1037;
63. Lu, X., Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Zou, H.Y., Li, J.T., Wang, H.L, Wang, H.Z. “A switchable pH-differential unitized regenerative fuel cell with high performance” J. Power Sources 314, 76-84, 2016.
64. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.* “A low-cost rechargeable aluminum-air cell for energy conversion using low-grade aluminum foil” J. Electrochemical Energy Conversion and Storage 13, 011001-1 to 5, 2016.
65. Wang, W., Li, F., Zhang, D., Leung, D.Y.C., Li, G.S. “Photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen generation and simultaneous degradation of organic pollutant via CdSe/TiO2 nanotube arrays” Applied Surface Science 362, 490-497 2015. DOI:10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.11.228.
66. Chen, B.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z. “A mixed-pH dual-electrolyte microfluidic aluminium-air cell with high performance” Applied Energy http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2015.10.029.
67. Xu, H., Zhang, H., Wang H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C., Zhang, L., Cao, J., Jiao, K., Xuan, J. “Counter-flow formic acid microfluidic fuel cell with high fuel utilization exceeding 90%” Applied Energy 160, 930-936, 2015.
68. Micro & Nano-Engineering of Fuel Cells Eds: Dennis Y.C. Leung & Jin Xuan. CRC Press Inc. ISBN 9780415644396 - CAT# K16363, May 2015, 304 pages.
69. Wang, Y.F., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Xuan, J. “A vapor feed methanol microfluidic fuel cell with high fuel and energy efficiency” Applied Energy 147, 456-465, 2015.
70. Wang, W., Li, F., Zhang, D., Leung, D.Y.C., Li, G.S. “Photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen generation and simultaneous degradation of organic pollutant via CdSe/TiO2 nanotube arrays” Applied Surface Science 362, 490-497 2015 DOI:10.1016/j.apsusc.2015.11.228.
71. Wang, Huizhi, Luo, Xiaojiao, Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Tang, Zhiyong, Wang, Hailiang,, Luque, Rafael, Xuan, Jin. “In-situ photogalvanic acceleration of optofluidic kinetics: a new paradigm for advanced photocatalytic technologies" RSC Advances RSC Adv., 5, 791-796, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C4RA14032J.
72. Zhang H, Xuan J, Xu H, Leung MHK, Wang H, Leung DYC, Zhang L, Lu X. “A numerical study on microfluidic fuel cell: improving fuel utilization and fuel operation concentration”, Energy Procedia, 61, 250-253, 2014.
73. Lu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, H.Z., Leung, M.K.H., Xuan, J., “Electrochemical Reduction of Carbon Dioxide to Formic Acid” ChemElectroChem 1, 836-849, 2014.
74. Wang, H.Z., Gu, Shunjie, Leung, D.Y.C., Xu, H., Leung, M.K.H., Zhang, L., Xuan, J. “Development and characteristics of a membraneless microfluidic fuel cell array” Electrochimica Acta 135, 467-477, 2014.
75. Zhang, H., Leung, M. K.H., Xuan, J., Xu, H., Zhang, L., Leung, D.Y.C., Wang, H.Z. “Energy and exergy analysis of microfluidic fuel cell” Int. J. of Hydrogen Energy 38, 6526-6536, May 2013.
76. Zhang, H., Xuan, J., Xu, H., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Zhang L., Wang, H.Z., Wang, L., “Enabling high-concentrated fuel operation of fuel cells with microfluidic principles: A feasibility study” Applied Energy 112, 1131-1137, Dec. 2013.
77. Xuan, J., Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C., Leung, M.K.H., Xu, H., Zhang, L., Shen, Y., “Theoretical Graetz-Damköhler modeling of an air-breathing microfluidic fuel cell” J. Power Sources 231, 1-5, 2013.
78. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C., Wang, H.Z., Leung, M.K.H., Wang, B., Ni, M., “Air-breathing membraneless laminar flow-based fuel cells: Do they breathe enough oxygen?” Applied Energy, 104, 400–407, 2013.
79. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., “Modeling of a microfluidic electrochemical cell for CO2 utilization and fuel production. Applied Energy 102, 1057-1062, 2013.
80. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., “Modeling of a micro auto-electrolytic cell for hydrogen production” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 37, 10002-10009, 2012.
81. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Ni, Meng, Wang, H.Z., “Chemical and Transport Behaviors in a Microfluidic Reformer with Catalytic-Support Membrane for Efficient Hydrogen Production and Purification” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 37, 2614-2622, 2012.
82. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Wang, H.Z., “Laminar Flow-Based Fuel Cell Working Under Critical Conditions: the Effect of Parasitic Current”, Applied Energy 90, 87-93, 2012.
83. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Wang, H.Z., “Towards orientation-independent performance of membraneless microfluidic fuel cell: understanding the gravity effects”, Applied Energy 90, 80-86, 2012
84. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., “Energy analysis of hydrogen and electricity production from aluminum-based processes” Applied Energy 90, 100-105, 2012.
85. Wang, H.Z., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Xuan, J., “Modeling of an air cathode for microfluidic fuel cells: transport and polarization behaviours”, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36, 14704-14718, 2011.
86. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Wang, H.Z., Ni, M., “Chaotic flow-based fuel cell built on counter-flow microfluidic network: predicting the over-limiting current behaviour” J. Power Sources, 196, 9391– 9397, 2011.
87. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Yang, H., Yan, J., “Novel studies on hydrogen, fuel cell and battery energy systems” Int. J Energy Research 35, 1, 2011.
88. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Ni, Meng, Wang, H.Z., “Hydrodynamic focusing in microfluidic membraneless fuel cells: breaking the trade-off between fuel utilization and current density”, Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36, 11075-11084, 2011.
89. Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Ni, Meng, Wang, H.Z., “A computational study of bifunctional oxygen electrode in air-breathing reversible microfluidic fuel cells” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 36, 9231-9241, 2011.
90. Xuan, J., Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Ni, Meng, “Density- induced asymmetric pair of Dean vortices and its effects on mass transfer in a curved microchannel with two-layer laminar stream” Chemical Engineering Journal, 171, 216-223, 2011.
91. Wang, H.Z.; Leung, D.Y.C.*, Leung, M.K.H., Ni, Meng, Chan, K.Y., “Modeling and analysis of an aluminium-water electrochemical generator for both electricity and hydrogen production” Int. J. Energy Research 35, 44-51, 2011.
Photocatalysis for Energy and Pollutant Reduction:
92. Ruijie Xie; Kaiheng Guo; Zhimin Ao; Ziyi Suo; Haibao Huang*; DYC Leung. “Surface-bound radicals generated from cobalt single-atom catalyst: mechanism of boosting Fenton-like reactions“ Chem Engg J. 461, 1 April 2023, 141920
93. Wei Zhao*, Mengru Yan, Xinran Yang, Xiaojun Zeng,Yantong Chen, Benlin Dai, Xiaozhong Chu, Shijie Li, Lili Zhang, Feihu Mu, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Constructing a novel S-scheme Ag/MIL-68(In)-NH2/Bi4O7 plasmonic heterojunction with boosted visible light catalytic activity“ Separation and Purification Technology 308, (March 2023) 122896.
94. Zhao, Xiaolong; Liew, Moses Yueqiang; Wang, Xiaorui; Yi, Xiaoping; Xia, Mingyu; Wang, Yifei; Pan, Wending; Leung, Dennis Y.C.* "Directing Quasiparticle Movement in Graphitic Carbon Nitride through Spatial Engineering for Enhanced Photocatalytic Hydrogen Evolution" ACS Applied Energy Materials 5, 11 (Oct 2022), 13200-13211.
95. Dongxue Lei, Xiaowen Xie, Yongjie Xiang, Xiongfei Huang, Fei Xiao, Jianping Cao*, Guangqing Li, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Haibao Huang* “An efficient process for aromatic VOCs degradation: Combination of VUV photolysis and photocatalytic oxidation in a wet scrubber. Chemosphere 309 (2022) 136656.
96. Yingguang Zhang, Yifei Wang, Ruijie Xie, Haibao Huang*, Michael K.H. Leung, Jiantao Li*, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “ Photocatalytic Oxidation for Volatile Organic Compounds Elimination: From Fundamental Research to Practical Applications“ Environ Sci Tech. Oct. 56, 23 (Nov. 2022), 16582-16601.
97. Shengjun Ye, Yiheng Li, Haibao Huang*, Yanbin Xu, Shaoping Du, Fenlong Wan, Ruijie Xie, Pingli Huang, Biyuan Liu, Tao Dong, Zhili He, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Fast and deep disinfection for face masks recycle using vacuum ultraviolet irradiation“ Journal of Cleaner Production 368 Sept 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclepro.2022.133221
98. B. Wang, Daniel HC Wan, Altair TF Cheung, Dennis YC Leung, XY Lu, Michael KH Leung.“Green hydrogen produced by solar photocatalysis using Pt-TiO2 nanosheets with reactive facets“ HKIE Best Transactions Paper Prize 2021, HKIE Transactions, Volume 28, Number 2, pp.75-81 • https://doi.org/10.33430/V28N2THIE-2020-0039, 2021
99. Mingyu Xia, Xiaolong Zhao, Yingguang Zhang, Wending Pan and Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Rational catalyst design on spatial separation of charge carriers in multi-component photocatalyst for effective hydrogen evolution” Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 2022, 10, 25380 – 25405.
100.Ruijie Xie, Gabriel Y. K. Tse, Linda C.L. Man, Anthony L.H. Cheung, Dickson T. C. Wong, Edmond H. M. Lam, Haibao Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “ Systematical Investigations on Disinfection Effectiveness of Far-UVC (222 nm) irradiation: From Laboratory Study to Field Tests“ J. Appl Envir. Microbiology (2022) 10 (1) 17-34.
101.Xiaolong Zhao, Xiaoping Yi, Wending Pan, Yifei Wang, Shijing Luo, Yingguang Zhang, Ruijie Xie, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “ UV Light-Induced Oxygen Doping in Graphitic Carbon Nitride with Suppressed Deep Trapping for Enhancement in CO2 Photoreduction Activity.“ J. Mat. Sci.& Technology 2-23, 133, 135-144.
102.Ruijie Xie, Dongxue Lei, Xiaowen Xie, Ziyi Suo, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Jianping Cao*, Fang Ruimei, Haibao Huang*, “Accelerated oxidation of VOCs via VUV photolysis coupled with wet scrubbing process“ J Env. Science 13 May 2022. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jes.2022.05.002
103.Benlin Dai, Wei Zhao*, Wei Wei, Jihui Cao, Gang Yang, Shijie Li*, Cheng Sun, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Photocatalytic reduction of CO2 and degradation of Bisphenol-S by g-C3N4/Cu2O@Cu S-scheme heterojunction: Study on the photocatalytic performance and mechanism insight“ Carbon Volume 193, 30 June 2022, Pages 272-284
104.Zhao Xiaolong, Wang, Yifei, Zhang, Y., Luo, S, Zhang, H., Leung, Dennis Y.C.* “Ni-Fe layered double hydroxide nanosheets supported on exfoliated graphite for efficient urea oxidation in direct urea fuel cells“ ChemSusChem 2022, 15(7) e202102614
105.Benlin Dai; Wei Zhao; Haibao Huang; Shijie Li; Gang Yang; Hongwei Wu; Cheng Sun. Dennis Y.C. Leung* “ Constructing an ohmic junction of copper@ cuprous oxide nanocomposite with plasmonic enhancement for photocatalysis“ Journal of Colloid & Interface Science. 616 (2022) 163-176.
106.Dai, B., Chen, X., Yang, X.,Yang, G., Li, S., Zhang, L.,Mu, F., Zhao, W., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “Designing S-scheme Au/g-C3N4/BiO1.2I0.6 plasmonic heterojunction for efficient visible-light photocatalysis“ Separation and Purification Technology 2022, 287, 120531
107.Wu, M.Y., Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “A review of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) degradation by vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) catalytic oxidation J Environmental Management“ J. Env. Management Assoication 2022, 307, 114559
108.Xiaolong Zhao; Muyan Wu; Yingguang Zhang; Szeto Wai; Yifei Wang; Wending Pan; Jiantao Li; Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Bifunctional Mn2+ Grafted Ultra-small TiO2 Nanoparticles on Carbon Cloth with Efficient Toluene Degradation in a Continuous Flow Reactor“ Chem. Eng. Sci. 2022, 250, 15 March 2022, 117389.
109.Yingguang Zhang, Muyan Wu, Yifei Wang, Xiaolong Zhao, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “ Low-cost and efficient Mn/CeO2 catalyst for photocatalytic VOCs degradation via a scalable colloidal solution combustion synthesis method“ J Materials Science & Tech. 2022, 116, 169-179.
110.Biyuan Liu, Jian Ji, Boge Zhang, Wenjun Huang, Yanling Gan, Dennis Y.C.Leung, Haibao Huang. “Catalytic ozonation of VOCs at low temperature: A comprehensive review“ J. Hazardous Materials. 2022, 422, 126847.
111.Mu, F., Dai, B., Zhao, W., ...Kong, Y., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “Construction of a novel Ag/Ag3PO4/MIL-68(In)-NH2 plasmonic heterojunction photocatalyst for high-efficiency photocatalysis” Journal of Materials Science & Technology 2022, 101, 37-48 August 2021 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmst.2021.05.059)
112.Xiaolong Zhao, Yingguang Zhang, Fang Li, Yifei Wang, Wending Pan, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “Salt-Air Template Synthesis of Na and O Doped Porous Graphitic Carbon Nitride Nanorods with Exceptional Photocatalytic H2 Evolution Activity” Carbon 179 (July 2021) 42-52.
113.Wang, B., Wan, D.H.C., Cheung, A.T.F., Leung, D.Y.C., Lu, X.-Y., Leung, M.K.H. “Green hydrogen production by solar photocatalysis using Pt-TiO2 nanosheets with reactive facets” HKIE Transactions Hong Kong Institution of Engineers, 2021, 28(2), pp. 75–81
114.Feihu Mu, Liu, C., Xie, Y…….Wei Zhao, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “Metal-organic framework-derived rodlike AgCl/Ag/In2O3: A plasmonic Z-scheme visible light photocatalyst” Chemical Engineering Journal 415 (July 2021) 129010.
115.Zhao, W., Ma, S., Yang, G., ...Sun, C., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “Z-scheme Au decorated carbon nitride/cobalt tetroxide plasmonic heterojunction photocatalyst for catalytic reduction of hexavalent chromium and oxidation of Bisphenol A” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2021, 410, 124539.
116.Zhao, W., Li, J., She, T., ...Xia, D., Leung, D.Y.C.* , “Study on the Photocatalysis Mechanism of the Z-Scheme Cobalt Oxide Nanocubes/Carbon Nitride Nanosheets Heterojunction Photocatalyst with High Photocatalytic Performances” Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2021, 402, 123839.
117.Wei Zhao, Tiantian She, Jingyi Zhang, Guoxiang Wang*, Sujuan Zhang, Wei Wei, Gang Yang, Lili Zhang*, Dehua Xia, Zhipeng Cheng, Haibao Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “A novel Z-scheme CeO2/g-C3N4 heterojunction photocatalyst for degradation of Bisphenol A and hydrogen evolution and insight of the photocatalysis mechanism” J. Materials Science & Technology 85 (Sept 2021) 18-29 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jmst.2020.12.064).
118.Wei, Zhao, Qian Dongg, Cheng Sun, Dehua Xia, Haibao Huang, Gang Yang, Guoxiang Wang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “A novel Au/g-C3N4 nanosheets/CeO2 hollow nanospheres plasmonic heterojunction photocatalysts for the photocatalytic reduction of hexavalent chromium and oxidation of oxytetracycline hydrochloride”. Chemical Engineering Journal 409 (April 2021) https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.128185.
119.Muyan Wu, Y.G. Zhang, Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Mechanistic Study of Vacuum UV Catalytic Oxidation for Toluene Degradation over CeO2 Nanorods” Green Energy & Environment 7 (3) (June 2022) 533-544 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.gee.2020.11.002
120.Muyan Wu, Y.H. Kwok, Y.G. Zhang, Wai Szeto, H.B. Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Synergetic effect of vacuum ultraviolet photolysis and ozone catalytic oxidation for toluene degradation over MnO2-rGO composite catalyst” (Chemical Engineering Science 231 (Feb 2021) 116288)
121.Yingguang Zhang, Chi-Kin Jenkin Tsui, Chi-Ying Vanessa Li, Kwong-Yu Chan, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Sam M. Sit, Ching-Kit Ho, Ka Ming Leung, Changzhong Liao “Scalable Synthesis of Ordered Mesoporous Binary Metal Oxide: CexZr1-xO2 as Thermally Stable Catalyst for Enhanced CO Oxidation” Materials Today Communications 26 (March 2021) 101811.
122.Ziqun Wang, Zhulin Qi, Xiujun Fan, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Jinlin Long, Zizhong Zhang, Tifang Miao, Sugang Meng, Shifu Chen, Xianliang Fu*, “Intimately Contacted Ni2P on CdS Nanorods for Highly Efficient Photocatalytic H2 Evolution: New Phosphidation Route and the Interfacial Separation Mechanism of Charge Carriers” Applied Catalysis B Volume 281, February 2021, 119443. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2020.119443.
123.Wei Zhao, Yajuan Li, Pushu Zhao, Lili Zhang, Benlin Dai, Haibao Huang, Jianli Zhou, Yukun Zhu, Kuirong Ma, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Insights into the photocatalysis mechanism of the novel 2D/3D Z-Scheme g-C3N4/SnS2 heterojunction photocatalysts with excellent photocatalytic performances” Journal of Hazardous Materials Volume 402, 15 January 2021, 123711, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.123711.
124.Wei Zhao, P.S. Li, Pushu Zhao, Lili Zhang, Benlin Dai, Jiming Xu, Haibao Huang, Yulong He, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “Novel Z-scheme Ag-C3N4/SnS2 plasmonic heterojunction photocatalyst for degradation of tetracycline and H2 production” Chemical Engineering Journal Volume 405, 1 February 2021, 126555, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2020.126555.
125.Zhang, Y.G., Wu, M.Y., Wang, Y.F., Holly, K.H. Kwok, Pan, W., Szeto, W., Huang, H.B., Leung D.Y.C.* "Fluorinated TiO2 coupling with α-MnO2 nanowires supported on different substrates for photocatalytic VOC abatement under vacuum ultraviolet irradiation" Applied Catalysis B Volume 280, January 2021, 119388, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2020.119388
126.Xiaolong Zhao, Yingguang Zhang, Muyan Wu, Wai Szeto, Yifei Wang, Wending Pan, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “Carbon Doped Ultra-small TiO2 Coated on Carbon Cloth for Efficient Photocatalytic Toluene Degradation under Visible LED Light Irradiation” Applied Surf. Sci Volume 527, 15 October 2020, 146780.
127.Liang S, Shu Y, Li K, Ji J, Huang H, Deng J, Leung DYC, Wu M, Zhang Y. “Mechanistic insights into toluene degradation under VUV irradiation coupled with photocatalytic oxidation, J. Hazardous Materials (2020) 399, 15 November 2020, 122967. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jhazmat.2020.122967
128.Zhenyu Wang; Hyeonseok Lee, Jianan Chen; Muyan Wu; Dennis Y.C. Leung; Craig A Grimes; Zhouguang Lu; Zhenghe Xu; Shien-Ping Feng. “Synergistic effects of Pd-Ag bimetals and g-C3N4 photocatalysts for selective and efficient conversion of gaseous CO2” J Power Sources Volume 466, 1 August 2020, 228306. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2020.228306
129.W. Szeto, M.K.H. Leung, D.Y.C. Leung*. " Recent developments of titanium dioxide materials for aquatic antifouling application" Journal of Marine Science and Technology 19 (May 2020) 301-321. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00773-020-00720-x
130.Chi Him Alpha Tsang, Haibao Huang, Jin Xuan*, Huizhi Wang*, DYC Leung* “Graphene Materials in Green Energy Applications: Recent Development and Future Perspective” Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 120, March 2020, 109656, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2019.109656
131.Fang, Li, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Highly enhanced performance of heterojunction Bi2S3/BiVO4 photoanode for photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen production under solar light irradiation” Chemical Engineering Science 211, 16 January 2020, 115266, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2019.115266.
132.Ruijie Xie, Dongxue Lei, Yujie Zhan, Biyuan Liu, Chi Him Tsang, Yuxuan Zeng, Kai Li, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Haibao Huang. “Efficient photocatalytic oxidation of gaseous toluene over F-doped TiO2 in a wet scrubbing process” Chemical Engg Journal 386, 15 April 2020, 121025. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2019.02.112
133.M. Zhang, M. Wu, Z. Wang, R. Cheng, D.Y.C. Leung, Z. Lu, S.P. Feng, “Efficient sunlight driven CO2 reduction on Graphene-wrapped Cu-Pt/rTiO2 @ SiO2”, Materials Science for Energy Technologies, 3 (2020) 734-741.
134.Tsang, C.H. Alpha, Zhakeyev, Adilet, Leung, Dennis Y.C., Xuan, Jin. “GO-modified flexible polymer nanocomposites fabricated via 3D stereolithography” Frontiers in Chemical Science & Engineering 13, 736–743, (2019) https://doi.org/10.1007/s11705-019-1836-x
135.Zhang, YG, Wu, MY, Kwok, YH, Wang, YF, Zhao, W, Zhao, X., Huang, HB, Leung, DYC*. “In-situ Synthesis of heterojunction TiO2/MnO2 nanostructure with excellent performance in Vacuum Ultraviolet Photocatalytic Oxidation of Toluene” Applied Catalyst B: Environmental 259 , 15 December 2019, 118034.
136.Li, F., Zhao, W., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Enhanced photoelectrocatalytic hydrogen production via Bi/BiVO4 photoanode under visible light irradiation“ Applied Catalysis B: Environment 258, 5 December 2019, 117954. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.apcatb.2019.117954
137.Ruijie Xie, Jian Ji, Kaiheng Guo, Dongxue Lei, Qingjuan Fan, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Haibao Huang. “Wet scrubber coupled with UV/PMS process for efficient removal of gaseous VOCs: Roles of sulfate and hydroxyl radicals” Chemical Engineering Journal 356 (2019) 632–640.
138.Ruimei Fang, Qiuyu Feng, Haibao Huang, Jian Ji, Miao He, Yujie Zhan, Biyuan Liu, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Effect of K+ ions on efficient room-temperature degradation of formaldehyde over MnO2 catalysts” Catalysis Today 327 (2019) 154–160.
139.Ruijie Xie, Gaoyuan Liu, Dingping Liu, Shimin Liang, Dongxue Lei, Hanying Dong, Haibao Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung, “Wet scrubber coupled with heterogeneous UV/Fenton for enhanced VOCs oxidation over Fe/ZSM-5 catalyst” Chemosphere 227 (2019) 401-408.
140.Wei Zhao, Jing Li, Benlin Dai, Zhipeng Cheng, Jiming Xu, Kuirong Ma, Lili Zhang, Ni Sheng, Guangxiu Mao, Hongwei Wu, Kexia Wei, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “Simultaneous removal of tetracycline and Cr(VI) by a novel three-dimensional AgI/BiVO4 p-n junction photocatalyst and insight into the photocatalytic mechanism” Chemical Engineering Journal 369, August 2019, 716-725.
141.Muyan Wu, Yingguang Zhang, Wai Szeto, Wending Pan, Haibao Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Vacuum ultraviolet (VUV)-based Photocatalytic oxidation for toluene degradation over pure CeO2” Chemical Engineering Science 200, 203-213, June 2019.
142.Chi Him A. Tsang, Kai Li, Yuxuan Zeng, Wei Zhao, Tao Zhang, Yujie Zhan, Ruijie Xie, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Haibao Huang. “Titanium oxide based photocatalytic materials development and their role of in the air pollutants degradation: overview and forecast” Environment International 125, 200-228, April 2019.
143.Zhao Wei, Feng Yue, Huang Haibao, Zhou Pengcheng, Li Jing, Zhang Lili, Dai Benlin, Xu Jiming, Zhu Fengxia, Sheng Ni, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, “A novel Z-scheme Ag3VO4/BiVO4 heterojunction photocatalyst: Study on the excellent photocatalytic performance and photocatalytic mechanism” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental Volume 245, 15 May 2019, Pages 448-458.
144.Zhao Wei, Zhang Jin, Zhu Fengxia, Mu Feihu, Zhang Lili, Dai Benlin, Xu Jiming, Zhu Anfeng, Sun Cheng, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Study the photocatalytic mechanism of the novel Ag/p-Ag2O/n-BiVO4 plasmonic photocatalyst for the simultaneous removal of BPA and chromium(VI)” Chemical Engineering Journal (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cej.2018.12.181) 361, 1352-1362, April 2019.
145.Yajie Shu, Miao He, Jian Ji, Haibao Huang, Shengwei Liu, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Synergetic degradation of VOCs by vacuum ultraviolet photolysis and catalytic ozonation over Mn-xCe/ZSM-5” J Hazardous Materials 364 770-779, Feb. 2019.
146.Ruimei Fang, Wenjun Huang, Haibao Huang, Qiuyu Feng, Miao He, Jian Ji, Biyuan Liu, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Efficient MnOx/SiO2@AC catalyst for ozone-catalytic oxidation of gaseous benzene at ambient temperature” Applied Surface Science 470, 439-447, March 2019.
147.Fang Li, Haibao Huang, Guisheng Li, Dennis Y. C. Leung*, “TiO2 nanotube arrays modified with nanoparticles of platinum group metals (Pt, Pd, Ru): enhancement on photoelectrochemical performance” Journal of Nanoparticle Research, February 2019 21-29.
148.Muyan Wu, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Yingguang Zhang, Haibao Huang, Ruijie Xie, Wai Szeto , Fang Li. “Toluene degradation over Mn-TiO2/CeO2 composite catalyst under vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation” Chemical Engineering Science 195, 985-994, Feb. 2019 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ces.2018.10.044
149.Dehua Xia, Wenjun Xu, Yunchen Wang, Jingling Yang, Yajing Huang, Lingling Hu, Chun He, Dong Shu, Dennis Y. C. Leung, and Zhihua Pang. “Enhanced Performance and Conversion Pathway for Catalytic Ozonation of Methyl Mercaptan on Single-Atom Ag Deposited Three-Dimensional Ordered Mesoporous MnO2” Environmental Science Technology 52 (22), 13399–13409, Nov. 2018.
150.Yajie Shu,Yin Xu, Haibao Huang, Jian Ji, Shimin Liang, Muyan Wu, Dennis Y.C. Leung “Catalytic oxidation of VOCs over Mn/TiO2/activated carbon under 185 nm VUV irradiation” Chemosphere, 208, 550-558, Oct. 2018. https://doi-org.eproxy2.lib.hku.hk/10.1016/j.chemosphere.2018.06.011
151.Zhao Wei, Dai Benlin, Zhu Fengxia, Tu Xinyue, Xu Jiming, Zhang Lili, Li Shiyin, Dennis Y.C. Leung*, Cheng Sun. “A novel 3D plasmonic p-n heterojunction photocatalyst: Ag nanoparticles on flower-like p-Ag2S/n-BiVO4 and its excellent photocatalytic reduction and oxidation activities” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 229, 171-180, August 2018.
152.Dehua Xia, Wenjun Xu, Lingling Hu, Chun He, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Wanjun Wang, Po Keung Wong. “Synergistically catalytic oxidation of toluene over Mn modiﬁed g-C3N4/ZSM-4 under vacuum UV irradiation” Journal of Hazardous Materials 349, 91-100, 2018.
153.Ruimei Fang, Haibao Huang, Jian Ji, Miao He, Qiuyu Feng, Yujie Zhan, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Eﬃcient MnOx supported on coconut shell activated carbon for catalytic oxidation of indoor formaldehyde at room temperature” Chemical Engineering Journal 334, 2050-2057, 2018.
154.Wai Szeto, Jiantao Li, Haibao Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung, “VUV/TiO2 photocatalytic oxidation process of methyl orange and simultaneous utilization of the lamp-generated ozone” Chemical Engineering Science 177 (2018) 380-390.
155.Yajie Shu, Jian Ji, Ying Xu, Jiguang Deng, Haibao Huang, Miao He, Dennis Y.C. Leung, Muyan Wu, Shengwei Liu, Shuilian Liu, Gaoyuan Liu, Ruijie Xie, Qiuyu Feng, Yujie Zhan, Ruimei Fang, Xinguo Ye. “Promotional role of Mn doping on catalytic oxidation of VOCs over mesoporous TiO2 under Vacuum Ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation“ Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 220, 78-87, 2018.
156.Jian Ji, Ying Xu, Haibao Huang, Miao He, Shuilian Liu, Gaoyuan Liu, Ruijie Xie, Qiuyu Feng, Yajie Shu, Yujie Zhan, Ruimei Fang, Xinguo Ye, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Mesoporous TiO2 under VUV irradiation: Enhanced photocatalytic oxidation for VOCs degradation at room temperature” Chemical Engineering Journal 327, 1 November 2017, 490-499.
157.Fang Li, Wai Szeto, Haibao Huang, Jiantao Li, Dennis Y.C. Leung * “A Photocatalytic Rotating Disc Reactor with TiO2 Nanowire Arrays Deposited for Industrial Wastewater Treatment” Molecules 22 (2) 337, 13pp, Feb. 2017.
158.Manuel Ojeda, D. Kishore Kumar, Binbin Chen, Jin Xuan, M. Mercedes Maroto-Valer, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Huizhi Wang "Polymeric Templating Synthesis of Anatase TiO2 Nanoparticles from Low-Cost Inorganic Titanium Sources" ChemistrySelect 2, 702-706, 2017.
159.Haibao Huang, Huiling Huang, Qiuyu Feng, Gaoyuan Liu, Yujie Zhan, Muyan Wu, Haoxian Lu, Yajie Shu, Dennis Y.C. Leung “Catalytic oxidation of benzene over Mn modified TiO2/ZSM-5 under vacuum UV irradiation" Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 203, April 2017, 870-878.
160.Huang, H.B., Lu, H.X., Huang, H.L.,Wang, L., Zhang, J., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Recent development of VUV-based processes for air pollutant degradation” Frontiers in Environmental Science doi:10.3389/fenvs.2016.00017, 2016.
161.Huiling Huang, Haibao Huang, Yujie Zhan, Gaoyuan Liu, Xuemei Wang, Haoxian Lu, Liang Xiao, Qiuyu Feng, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Efficient degradation of gaseous benzene by VUV photolysis combined with ozone-assisted catalytic oxidation: performance and mechanism” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental, 186, 5 June 2016, 62-68.
162.Szeto, W., Li, J.T., Huang, H.B., Xuan, J., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Novel urchin-like Fe2O3@SiO2@TiO2 microparticles with magnetically separable and photocatalytic properties” RSC Advances, 2015, 5, 55363 – 55371. DOI: 10.1039/c5ra08070c.
163.Wang, Huizhi, Luo, Xiaojiao, Leung, M.K.H., Leung, D.Y.C., Tang, Zhiyong, Wang, Hailiang,, Luque, Rafael, Xuan, Jin. “In-situ photogalvanic acceleration of optofluidic kinetics: a new paradigm for advanced photocatalytic technologies" RSC Advances RSC Adv., 5, 791-796, 2015. DOI: 10.1039/C4RA14032J.
164.Huang, H.B., Xu, Y., Feng, Q., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Low temperature catalytic oxidation of volatile organic compounds: a review” Catalysis Science & Technology 5, 2649-2669, 2015, DOI: 10.1039/C4CY01733A.
165.Huang, H.B., Huang, H.L., L. Zhang, Hu, P., Ye, X.G., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Enhanced degradation of gaseous benzene under vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation over TiO2 modified by transition metals. Chemical Engineering Journal 259, 534-541, 2015.
166.Huang, H.B., Hu, P., Huang, H., Chen, J., Ye, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Highly dispersed and active supported Pt nanoparticles for gaseous formaldehyde oxidation: Influence of particle size” Chemical Engineering Technology 252, 320-326, Sept. 2014.
167.Fu, X.L., Leung, D.Y.C., Chen, S.F., “Sodium titanate nanowires as a stable and easily handled precursor for the shape controlled synthesis of TiO2 and their photocatalytic performance” CrystEngComm 16, 616-626, 2014.
168.Huang, H.B., Ye, X.G., Huang, H.L., Hu, P., Zhang, L., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Photocatalytic oxidation of gaseous benzene under 185nm UV irradiation” Int. J. Photoenergy Article ID 890240, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/890240, 6pp, Vol. 2013.
169.Huang, H.B., Huang, H.L., Hu, P., Ye, X.G., Leung, D.Y.C.*, "Removal of formaldehyde using highly active Pt/TiO2 catalysts without irradiation" Int. J Photoenergy, Vol. 2013, Article ID 350570, 6 pp, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013/350570.
170.Huang, H.B., Ye, X.G., Huang, H.L., Zhang, L., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Mechanistic study on formaldehyde removal over Pd/TiO2 catalysts: Oxygen transfer and role of water vapor” Chemical Engineering Journal 230, 73-79 Aug. 2013.
171.Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Kwong, P.C.W., Xiong, J., Zhang, L., “Enhanced photocatalytic degradation of methylene blue under vacuum ultraviolet irraditation”, Catalysis Today 201, 189-194, 2013.
172.Leung, D.Y.C., Fu, X.L., Ye, D.Q., Huang, H.B. “Effect of the oxygen mobility in the lattice of Au/TiO2 on formaldehyde oxidation” Kinetic and Catalysis 53, 239-246, 2012.
173.Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Vacuum ultraviolet-irradiated photocatalysis: Advanced process for toluene abatement” J Environmental Engineering 137, 996-1001, 2011.
174.Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C., Li, G., Leung, M.K.H., Fu, X. “Photocatalytic destruction of air pollutants with vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) irradiation” Catalysis Today 175, 310-315, 2011.
175.Fu, Xianliang, Wang, X.X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Gu, Q., Chen, S.F., Huang, H.B. “Photocatalytic reforming of C3-polyols for H2 production: Part (I). Role of their OH groups” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 106, 681-688, 2011.
176.Gu, Q., Fu, Xianliang, Wang, X.X., Chen, S.F., Leung, D.Y.C., Xie, X.Q., Photocatalytic reforming of C3-polyols for H2 production: Part (II). Part II. FTIR study on the adsorption and photocatalytic reforming reaction of 2-propanol on Pt/TiO2” Applied Catalysis B: Environmental 106, 689-696, 2011.
177.Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Daiqi Ye, "Effect of reduction treatment on structural properties of TiO2 supported Pt nanoparticles and their catalytic activity for formaldehyde oxidation" Journal of Materials Chemistry 21, 9647-9652, 2011
178.Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.* "Complete elimination of indoor formaldehyde over the Pt/TiO2 catalyst with extremely low Pt content at ambient temperature" J. Catalysis 280, 60-67, 2011
179.Huang, H.B., Leung, D.Y.C.* "Complete oxidation of formaldehyde at room temperature using TiO2 supported metallic Pd nanoparticles" ACS Catal.,1, 348–354, 2011.
180.Huang, H.B., Ye, D., Leung, D.Y.C., Feng, F., Guan, X. "Byproducts and pathways of toluene destruction via plasma-catalysis" Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical 336, 87-93, 2011.
181.Huang, H.B., Ye, D.Q., Leung, D.Y.C., Guan, X.J., “Abatement of toluene in the plasma-driven catalysis process: Mechanism and reaction kinetics” IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science 39, 877-882, 2011.
182.Huang, H.B., Ye, D.Q, Leung, D.Y.C.,” Plasma-driven catalysis process for toluene abatement: Effect of water vapour”, IEEE Trans on Plasma Science 39, 576-580, 2011.
183.Fu, X.L., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wang, X.X., Xue, W.W., Fu, X.Z., “Photocatalytic reforming of ethanol to H2 and CH4 over ZnSn(OH)6 nanocubes" International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 36, 1524-1530, 2011.
Biofuels and other renewable energy:
184.Jackson T.C. Tsui, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Viability of renewable energy technologies under Feed-in-Tariff scheme in Hong Kong. HKIE Transactions 29 (3) 210-221, Sept. 2022
185.Wai Szeto, Dennis Y.C. Leung* “Hydrotreated vegetable oil a superior substitute for fossil diesel? A comprehensive review on physicochemical properties, engine performance and emissions“ Fuel 327 (Nov. 2022) 125065
186.Bei Wang, Wing-Hong Or, Shun-Cheng Lee, Yiu-Cheong Leung, Bruce Organ, Kin-Fai Ho. “Characteristics of particle emissions from light duty diesel vehicle fuelled with ultra slow sulphur diesel and biodiesel blend” Atmospheric Pollution Research 2021, 12(9), 101169.
187.Hu, S.Y., Leung, D.Y.C.*. “Numerical Modelling of the Compressible Airflow in a Solar-Waste-Heat Chimney Power Plant” Energy Procedia 142, Dec. 2017, 642-647.
188.Zhanjun Cheng; Yaoyao Tan; Lixia Wei; Lili Xing; Jiuzhong Yang; Lidong Zhang; Yanan Guan; Beibei Yan; Guanyi Chen; Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Experimental and kinetic modeling study of furan pyrolysis: Fuel decomposition and aromatic ring formation.” Fuel 206, 239-247, 2017.
189.Leung, D.Y.C.*, Laura C. Yu, Gabriel C.K. Lam, Holly Y.H. Kwok, W.K. Cheng. “Bioethanol: Is It a Suitable Biofuel for Hong Kong for Reducing Its Vehicular Emissions and Carbon Footprint?” Energy Procedia 142, Dec. 2017, 2892–2897.
190.M Asim, MKH Leung, Z Shan, Y Li, DYC Leung, M Ni. “Thermodynamic and Thermo-economic Analysis of Integrated Organic Rankine Cycle for Waste Heat Recovery from Vapor Compression Refrigeration Cycle” Energy Procedia 143, Dec. 2017, 192-198
191.Guanyi Chen, Sirong He, Zhanjun Cheng, Yanan Guan, Beibei Yan, Wenchao Ma, Dennis Y.C. Leung. “Comparison of kinetic analysis methods in thermal decomposition of cattle manure by themogravimetric analysis” Bioresource Technology 243, 2017, 69-77.
192.Hu, Siyang, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Chan, John C.Y. “Numerical Modelling and Comparison of the Performance of diffuser-type Solar Chimneys for Power Generation” Applied Energy 204, 948-957, 2017.
193.Hu, Siyang, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Chan, J.C.Y. “Impact of the Geometry of Divergent Chimneys on the Power Output of a Solar Chimney Power Plant” Energy 120, 1-11, 2017.
194.Hu, S.Y., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Chen, M.Z.Q. “Effect of Divergent Chimneys on the Performance of a Solar Chimney Power Plant” Energy Procedia 105, 7 – 13, 2017.
195.Hu, Siyang, Leung, D.Y.C., Chen, M.Z.Q., Chan, J.C.Y. “Effect of guide wall on the potential of a solar chimney power plant Renewable Energy” Renewable Energy 96: 209-219, 2016.
196.Chan, C.Y., Hu, Si-yang, Raynald, Marc., Leung, D.Y.C., Chang, A.P.S., Yao, J.B. “A telescopic divergent chimney for power generation based on forced air movement: principle and theoretical formulation” Applied Energy 136, 873-880, 2014.
197.Yang, Y.C., Leung, D.Y.C., Toy, P.H. “Rasta Resin-TBD as a Reusable Catalyst for Transesterification Reactions” Synlett 24, 1870-1874, 2013.
198.Chang, Y.Y., Wu, Z.C., Bian, L., Feng, D.L., Leung, D.Y.C.* “Cultivation of Spirulina platensis for biomass production and nutrient removal from synthetic human urine” Applied Energy 102, 427–431, 2013.
199. Zhang, Y., Yu, L., Yung, K.F. Lim, Leung, D.Y.C., Sun, F., Lim, B.L., “Over-expression of AtPAP2 in Camelina sativa leads to faster plant growth and higher seed yield” Biotechnology and Biofuels 5:19, 1-10, 2012.
200. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Yang, Y., “Wind energy development and its environmental impact: a review" Renewable & Sustainable Energy Reviews 16, 1031-1039, 2012.
201. Leung, D.Y.C.*, Deng, Y., Leung, M.K.H., “Parametric study of a fan-bladed micro-wind turbine” Proc. Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part A, Journal of Power and Energy 225 Part A, 1120-1131, 2011.
202. Wu, X., Leung, D.Y.C.*, “Biodiesel production from camelina oil: Process optimization using orthogonal experiment” Applied Energy 88, 3615-3624, 2011.
Air Pollution Studies and others:
203.Wai Szeto, W.C. Yam, Haibao Huang, Dennis Y.C. Leung*. “The efficacy of vacuum-ultraviolet light disinfection of some common environmental pathogens” BMC Infectious Diseases 26 301-321 (March 2021) https://bmcinfectdis.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12879-020-4847-9
204.Chi Him A. Tsang, H.Y.H. Kwok, Zhanjun Cheng, D.Y.C. Leung* “The applications of graphene-based materials in pollutant control and disinfection” Progress in Solid State Chemistry 45-46, 1-8 2017.
205.Leung, D.Y.C.* “Outdoor-indoor air pollution in urban environment:challenges and opportunity” Frontiers in Environmental Science Vol. 2, Article 69, 2015.
206.Leung, D.Y.C.*, Caramanna, G., Maroto-Valer, M.M., “An overview of current status of carbon dioxide capture and storage technologies” Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 39, 426-443, Nov. 2014.
207.Niu, H., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Wong C.F.,, Zhang, T., Chan, M.N., Leung, F.C.C., “Nitric oxide removal by wastewater bacteria in a biotrickling filter” Journal of Environmental Science 26, 555-565, 2014.
208.Wong, C.F., Niu, H.J.Y., Jiang, J.W., Chan, C., Leung, D.Y.C., Leung, F., “Genome sequence of Pseudomonas mendocina DLHK, isolated from a bio-trickling reactor.” Journal of Bacteriology 194, 6326 Nov. 2012.
209.Tong, Y.O., Leung, D.Y.C.*, "Effects of building aspect ratio, diurnal heating scenario, and wind speed on reactive pollutant dispersion in urban street canyons" J. Env. Sci. 24, 2091-2013, 2012.
210.Tong, Y.O., Leung, D.Y.C.*, "Ozone diurnal characteristics in areas with different urbanizations " Int. J. Environment & Pollution 49, 100-124, 2012.
211.Leung, D.Y.C.*, Lo, W.Y., Chow, W.Y., Chan, P.W., ”Effect of terrain and building structures on the air flow in an airport” Journal of Zhejiang University Science A 12, 461-468, 2012.
212.Rizwan Ahmed Memon, Leung, D.Y.C.*, “On the heating environment in street canyon” Environmental Fluid Mechanics 11, 465-480, 2011.
213.Leung, D.Y.C.*, Tsui, J.K.Y., Chen, F., Yip, W.K, Vrijmoed, L.L.P., Liu, C.H., “Effects of urban vegetations on urban air quality – A review”, Landscape Research 36, 173-188, 2011.
214.Liu, Chun-Ho, Cheng, W.C., Leung, T.C.Y., Leung, D.Y.C., “On the Mechanism of Air Pollutant Re-entrainment in Two-Dimensional Idealized Street Canyons” Atmo. Environment 45, 4763-4769, 2011.
215.Rizwan Ahmed Memon, Leung, D.Y.C.*, Liu, C.H., Leung, M.K.H., “Urban heat island and its effect on the cooling and heating demands in urban and suburban areas of Hong Kong” Theoretical & Applied Climatology,103, 441- , 2011.
216.Tong, N.Y.O., Leung, D.Y.C.*, Liu, C.H., “A review on ozone evolution and its relationship with boundary layer characteristics in urban environments", Water, Air, & Soil Pollution 214, 13-36, 2011.